8.21.2012

Ireland: Dublin

I have found a new country to obsess over. Ireland is such an awesome place and I already decided that I will go back one day. I met my mama in Dublin two weeks ago to start our fabulous traveling vacation. Thanks to my most wonderful and ever-giving dad we were living the life of luxury in one of Dublin's best hotels: The Shelbourne. It was such a treat!

I fully indulged in being able to speak English freely. So much so that I think I might have scared my cabie when I said "hello!" with so much enthusiasm.

Irish people are SO nice, friendly and their accents just make everyone smile. I wanted to be everyone's new best friend. The first thing we did (might not come as a surprise..) was tour the Guinness factory. We learned how to pour the perfect pint of Guinness and enjoyed the view over the city from the 7th floor bar. We spent a lot of time walking around and checking out the city including: Trinity College and the Book of Kels, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin Castle, Ha'penny bridge, St. Stephan's Green and of course some lovely bars and restaurants. If you are ever in Dublin I recommend both restaurants we had dinner at: The Farm and The Unicorn. Fun names too! :)

Our favorite thing? Drinking Guinness and listening to live Irish Music for hours. So. Much. Fun.

Cheers! Or in Irish...Sláinte!






















4 comments:

  1. i've been to dublin but i would love to visit again. and to explore a lot more of beautiful ireland

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've visited relatives in Killarney but never made it to Dublin, and now I want to go SO badly! Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are so great--I love the one of your mom under the Guiness sign. She looks like an ant haha. Irish music is in my top five most favorite fun things to listen to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh... the Shelbourne! That is definitely one of the best spots to stay in the city! I used to go to the bar there quite a bit, it's so swanky. And Unicorn is a great restaurant! You picked some great places to visit :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!