7.18.2012

Work It! Wednesdays

First of all, I have been LOVING everyones funny and awesome comments on my blog the past few days. You guys make me smile! Keep them coming :)

So its another Wednesday where I am actually not going to be hitting the trail or the weight routine just yet. I am actually physically sore from work yesterday. Moving around 50 lbs bags of sugar for three hours will make your poor little arm muscles shake and feel like jello. Clearly, I need to step up my workout routine! haha...eek!

Okay, so as I'm sure you know - health is not JUST physical. It is just as much a mental game. It is so incredibly easy to get caught up in the little dramas of life and let them get you down or to let your stresses overcome you. I know I was feeling that way all last week. I was a huge stress case/emotional wreck! (Thank you for the supportive comments last week!) Sometimes you just have so much on your mind that that you don't think you can escape the grey cloud hanging over your head. Do you know what I'm talking about?

When this happens (and I know this is easier said than done, but...) try to take a step back and take a deep breath. Take a few deep breaths actually. Just this simple thing will calm you down ten fold. Close your eyes and just breath, remove yourself from the situation just for 10 seconds and then you will be able to see things much more clear. If you need something more, don't forget about walking. Take a walk around the block, put in your favorite song on your iPod. And my personal favorite mood-changer and de-stresser: running. Run, don't look back, just run and get it out.

Being stressed out can really take a physical toll on your body. Bad stress can give you stomach aches, head aches, chest pain, elevated blood pressure, loss of energy and can lead to things like depression, anxiety, rashes, lowered immune system and other more serious dependencies and disorders  - if not dealt with. So when you are feeling overwhelmed and under pressure just remember to take a step back and decide if this issue is really worth what you are feeling. Breathe, this will pass and everything will be okay.

Remember, being happy is a choice! Every day.

Have a healthy, happy and stress-free Wednesday!





1 comment:

Merci Beaucoup!