3.17.2012

Mille Feuille

Mille Feuille is a layered pastry. It can be translated to "Thousand Layers" and is composed of sheets of puff pastry, pastry cream and anything else you feel like adding into the mix. It is so yummy! This is my favorite thing that we have made in class yet! I just kept finding a reason to cut another piece and devour it.

We made two different varieties: chocolate, hazelnut, praline and pistachio, strawberry. Both were beautiful and delicious but (big surprise) my knife kept hovering over the chocolate one for more.

You can find a version of this pastry in most shops and I would recommend it as a choice if you are debating on what to get. There are a few places you can find it in the states but not many.


The layers are: 
powdered sugar and decoration
chocolate puff pastry
hazelnut and praline pastry cream
chocolate puff pastry
chocolate pastry cream
chocolate praline crisp
chocolate puff pastry
the end.

Here is the pistachio version. Also delicious.

Would anybody like any of the recipes you have seen from my schooling? I would be happy to share one! Let me know your favorites so far!

Happy weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work! I have tried puff pastry several times but still having difficulties getting the caramel colour like that, any tips/recipes would be appreciated

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lev! Keep at it and check out my next post later today. I am going to be posting a recipe for puff pastry. Hopefully it can help! :)

      Delete

Merci Beaucoup!