8.21.2011

Frenchie

I don't know about you, but my weekend mornings usually call for a delicious breakfast that I can actually enjoy. The weekday mornings are always so busy that breakfast usually consists of one largeee coffee and some toast, a cliff bar, or something boring like that.  Not on the weekends, not uh, nooo way jose.

Remember that loaf of Challah bread I made? It turned French.

I have always been in love with my french toast. When mom made it from our standard sandwich bread it was good as ever. Now, add thick slices of fresh baked bread that is light and fluffy and you have got yourself a winner.

Challah and brioche are really great breads to use. You do want the bread to be a few days old so that it can hold up to the egg wash. All you need is a few eggs and you can season it however you like. I put some cinnamon, sugar, salt, cream and a dash of nutmeg in with the eggs. Drench the bread in it and put it in the pan to brown. Serve it with whipped cream, fruit, syrup...whatever floats your boat. I went with powdered sugar and warm maple syrup and it was darn tasty.





1 comment:

  1. I've made french toast with about every single bread you can try it with, but the only time it didn't turn out very well was with banana bread, waaaay too soft!

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!