4.27.2011

Easter Breakfast at the Campbell's!

Holidays are pretty much an excuse to make all the heavy but super tasty comfort foods we all love. You know what I'm talking about...

honey baked ham
green bean casserole
mashed potatoes
sweet potato pie
corn bread
stuffing
pies and all your favorite deserts

Of course I had all this lovely goodness on Easter. I actually had it at Mike's family's house this year. 

My parents had to catch a flight to Hawaii on Easter evening so instead of our traditional "dinner" (if 3:00 pm qualifies for dinner) we did breakfast with our family instead. It was just as good and I looove everything breakfast. 

We had scrambled eggs, bacon, ham, yogurt parfaits, fruit, pancakes..all the fixins

I also spend the weekend rolling out croissants and cinnamon rolls for everyone. Its a lot of labor but its a labor of love. They turned out great and I had my wonderful mother and sister around helping me all weekend. I also made a birthday cake for my brother but that is a whole different post coming up next!


Homemade Croissants..
..and Cinnamon Rolls..
..my childhood Easter basket (still gets filled every year by the best Easter Bunny around)..
 ..breakfast is served!


I hope your Easter was full of good food, friends, family and chocolate Reeses eggs! You know those are the best thing ever :)

I now have a giant Easter Basket fulllll to the brim with chocolate and candy that just STARES me down every time I walk in the door. Its torture :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great day...can you make me cinnamon rolls one day pleasE????

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!