2.24.2011

Mama Said There Would be Days Like This...

Actually, she didn't. Not days like this one. Today is always the worst day of the year. It marks three years since the hardest, most surreal and life-changing day of my life {February 24, 2008}. That was the day that I watched my best and most loved friend be taken from this world. I can't get into the details of it all - I still really have not gotten to a place where I am comfortable talking about the details.

The friends of mine who supported me those following months and years got a glimpse of that darkness and I thank them a million times for helping me pull through and come out on the other side. I truly hope that this is an experience that none of you ever have to go through. Keep your friends close and don't be afraid to confront them if they are heading down the wrong path. An argument in a lot easier to work through than the alternative.

Kurty, I love and miss you so much. I am so grateful to have known you and I will never forget your smile or your girlish giggle and disregard for almost everything. You taught us all how to love with everything we had and to live each day without regret or hesitation. You know we all think about you everyday and even though my heart is still broken -  I can still feel you around. I hope you are enjoying the party in heaven - I'll see you there one day.

Anyway, that's my soap box about watching your friend's and family's backs. I don't want to leave this post as a downer so here are some pictures of my most amazing friend Kurt. This day is always hard but I know he is still around and watching over me and our friends. I will be listening to "Red Dirt Road" and "Our Song" today for him - his favorites! If you here a country song today - shout him a holler! :)











Also, so much thanks to all of your who have been commenting on my blog lately! It makes me so happy to hear what you have to say!! I look forward to even more! :) Have a great day everyone!!

6 comments:

  1. Love you Britt! I go through the same thing every May ... this year it will be 6 years! Stay strong sister friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. Memories can honor those we've lost, and I often think about and share memories to celebrate the people I've lost.
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  3. love you britt...and sending positive thoughts your way <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll never forget the moment you called me.. I love you so much Big and am so proud of how strong you are! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a VERY sweet post! I wish noone had to feel this pain :( Next year on this day we'll both be giving eachother some blog lovin' and support :)
    And you are SO right...they are around us all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally understand how you are feeling. Sometimes it seems like nothing anyone can say can really make it feel any better. I know we may not know each other, but keep on remembering the great moments you two shared! I really do believe God has a beautiful plan for us all.

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!