12.27.2010

Partycakes!

Partycakes...huh?? That is my code name for my cupcakes that got all dressed up for the party. 

My friends Jessica and Maria hosted a holiday party for a bunch of our friends just before Christmas. I have known these girls foreveerrrr. One of them I have known since 2nd grade, the rest from 6th grade and freshman year of high school. It has been a while and we have been through a lot with each other from school drama to boy drama to "what are we going to do with our lives" drama and everything in between.


We were all instructed to bring an appetizer or dessert to share with everyone so of course, what do I bring? Dessert, duh.

I brought red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and vanilla cupcakes topped with a fresh strawberry buttercream. I didn't want to make your standard cupcake because I think they are boring sometimes. Instead I made a few thin sheet cakes and cut them into little squares. I stacked three pieces of cake on top of each other with the frosting holding them together. The cupcakes were ready for the partay!


I hope everyone got to enjoy them. I know Jess sure did...


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!



2 comments:

  1. Brittany! Your blog is amazing!!! I love it!!! And ummm these partycakes look to die for...fresh strawberry buttercream??? i must have the recipe for thia ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I love this cake idea! I will have to try it, so much better than a boring cupcake.
    www.robincharmagne.com

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!