12.13.2010

Christmas Come Early

I had to give my Christmas gift a tid bit early this year but I am pretty sure it was worth it. It was fabulous. One of the wars raging between Mike and I is Alternative versus Country music. I adore country and he is pretty much the opposite of a fan. I have gotten past it..and even cooler of me, over the years I have given in to alternative music and it is some good suff..no joke. Mike's gift from me was tickets to Kroq's Almost Acoustic Christmas!

Check this out:
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
Broken Bells
Temper Trap
Neon Trees
Florence and the Machine
Brandon Flowers
The Black Keys
Vampire Weekend
Phoenix

aaaawwweeessooommmeeee!!! So to Hollywood we go!


We checked into the hotel which had this great view of the Hollywood Hills and I got my first glimpse of the Hollywood sign! You would think growing up an hour from LA I would have seen it in my 23 years? No, not until this moment. Then we were off to this amazingly incredible concert! Not before stopping at the Christmas tree of course.



Vampire Weekend was hands down our favorite! Wish you could have seen our jam sesh and Mike's air guitar skills. Florence and the Machine, Temper Trap and Brandon Flowers were unbelievable too. The whole concert was just insanely awesome! Did I mention how amazing it was??! 

What concerts are you excited about? I am looking for a new playlist..any song suggestions??

To close out the weekend we stopped by a local meat shop on the way back to SD called Tip Top Meats  and picked up some yums for dinner. Since I apparently drive like a grandma Mike had time to beat me home and stop and pick up the nicest "thank you" surprise ever!
I (not so) secretly want to be a Cullen. There, its out. BAH!

So we popped a bottle, cooked up a storm and chowed down on some pasta with sausage, bell peppers, onions and garlic and some baked mozzarella bread with tomato and garlic topping. 
Super delish, super full but still devoured that Yogurtland like it was going out of style.




So far the Christmas season is treating me well! How about you all? What are you giving and getting from loved ones and Santa?? :)

1 comment:

Merci Beaucoup!